Saturday 14 July 2012

Common Snipe continued















































































After the superb encounter with the Little Owl on the saturday, I headed
back up to my Snipe site on the sunday morning to try and capture some
more images of this stunning bird. I spent a good hour watching his
movements, that way I could get into position at just the right time, allowing
for some very close encounters with what can be a very shy bird.

All the shots are Full Frame give or take a couple of pixels for straightening
and I have to say I'm very pleased with them, after waiting such a long time
for my first shots of this species, now that I have spent time learning this birds
habits I don't think Snipe shots are going to be a problem in the future. I think
it just goes to show that a little bit of fieldcraft goes a long way towards
capturing the shots you are after.

Until next time, thanks for dropping by

Andy...

5 comments:

  1. All great images , but you have loo love that open beak shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how their beak curls isn't it Andy. Godwits do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys, pleased you like them :)

    You're so right Graham, I was amazed to see just how flexible the Snipe's beak is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andy
    I am trying to send you a message about buying the snipe pic with the open bill for a nature reserve brochure. How can I contact you directly?
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete