Saturday 27 April 2013

Meadow Pipit








































































It's been a while since my last blog post, so here is one from my
trip up North this morning.

I set off early to check out the Common Snipe site, on my last visit
the site had been just about ruined by the underpinning of the river bank
next to the bridge, but now the work is complete it was time to see if it
had disturbed the local wildlife?.  And the answer is yes, there wasn't a
Common Snipe in sight, now this could just be down to the very harsh start
to Springtime we having at the minute, when I arrived this morning there was
a thick covering of snow on the hills and in the valleys, we are nearly in May and
you would have thought it was mid Winter up there!!. That said, all the other
species had turned up, with Oystercatcher, Golden Plover, Curlew, Common Sandpiper
and as you can see from the shots Meadow Pipit.

So I am really hoping the Snipe return once it starts to warm up. Other species seen
this morning were Little Owl, Short-eared Owl, Black Grouse, Wheatear and a gorgeous
Stoat, though Mr Stoaty was at the Snipe site, so maybe not such a good sighting after all.

Until next time, thanks for dropping by.

Andy...

3 comments:

  1. hij is wel heel mooi speciaal voor je gaan staan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality images as usual. I'm a pipit fan and although they are all great, number 3 is the one for me. Composition, colours, bokeh...it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Cheers guys, pleased you both like them :-)

    ReplyDelete